Under most circumstances, the therapists in our practice are participating providers for Aetna, Cigna and Blue Cross Blue Shield. For all other insurances we are considered an out-of-network provider. We encourage you to speak with your insurance provider prior to the session to discuss your benefits. For the convenience of our clients, the practice handles all the billing and will submit the superbill to your insurance provider for reimbursement at your request.
Please be sure to call your insurance carrier and verify benefits prior to your first appointment and check with your insurance directly to see if you have out of network (OON) mental health benefits.
If your insurance plan requires pre-authorization for services, please call the member service number (on the back of your insurance card) prior to your first appointment. Here are a few of the questions you will need to ask your insurance provider.
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- Is Sharon Klein LCSW PC group practice in network?
- How much does my plan cover for an out-of-network provider?
- What is the coverage amount per counseling session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?